What it’s all about…
Mindful Hope shares unique articles that will inspire and hopefully provoke you to action. Daniel’s heart is to bridge the gap between harm reduction & recovery. “I recognize I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for harm reduction & people loving me where I was at during my years in addiction, nor would I be here if those same loved ones didn’t see potential in me and gently push me to a better life.”
Daniel recognizes addiction as a learned behavior and recovery is a journey. Through this site he visits issues such as drug policy, substance use, and the ongoing overdose crisis by considering evidence based approaches, spirituality, & more.
I’ve been there…
For me personally my journey is one of lived experience. My broken past features nearly 15 years of heroin addiction and multiple trips in and out of detoxes and treatment centres. Repeated relapses and the discouragement and hopelessness that comes with them are a part of my story. I eventually discovered relapse was something that can be learned from rather than a shameful failure.
I believe no one struggling with addiction is beyond helping and that as long as we can inspire hope there is an opportunity for a bright future.
I’m passionate about sharing my story, helping individuals, advocating for changes in drug policy, and assisting in the progress and process of reducing the stigma around substance use.
I hope to see the overdose crisis resolved through outside the box thinking, changes in drug policy and resource allocation, cutting edge evidence based recovery approaches, harm reduction, and through genuine kindness and compassion.
I hope to see an end to the war on drugs.
Everyone has a story…
If we start looking at individuals, instead of trying to blanket the overdose crisis with ‘policy solutions based on stats’ we will discover millions of people, with millions of stories, needing millions of different approaches to treatment, harm reduction and addiction recovery.
Mindful hope site comment policy:
Be aware that mindful hope we will not tolerate comments that are offensive to individuals or organizations, rude in tone, or abusive. We will not discriminate against any views or opinions. We will remove comments at our discretion if they are…
- not related to the topic at hand
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- personal attacks and/or defamatory statements
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
Thanks for understanding! – admin 07/2021