What we’re about…
Mindful Hope shares hopeful articles that will inspire and hopefully provoke you to action. We want to creatively approach issues around addiction by looking at evidence based recovery methods, spirituality, mindfulness & so much more. Our intention is to assist in destigmatizing addiction & changing North American drug policies.
I’ve been there…
For me personally my journey is one of lived experience. My broken past features years of opiate abuse and multiple trips in and out of detoxes and treatment centers. Repeated relapses and the discouragement and hopelessness that comes with them are a part of my story. I discovered relapse is an experience that can be learned from rather than a shameful failure.
I believe no one struggling with addiction is beyond helping and that as long as we can inspire hope there is an opportunity for a bright future.
I’m passionate about sharing my story, helping individuals, advocating for changes in North American drug policy, and assisting in the progress and process of destigmatizing addiction.
I hope to see the opiate crisis resolved through outside the box thinking, changes in drug policy and resource allocation, cutting edge evidence based recovery approaches, harm reduction, and through genuine kindness and compassion.
Everyone has a story
If we start looking at individuals, instead of trying to blanket the opioid crisis with ‘policy solutions based on stats’ we will discover millions of people, with millions of stories, needing millions of different approaches to treatment, harm reduction and addiction recovery.
Who’s behind Mindful Hope?
Follow my latest tweets…
Creator, advocate, writer.
Advocating for change in our drug policies. Helping out with the opiate overdose crisis, destigmatizing addiction. Former heroin addict. End the war on drugs!
Daniel Snyder on facebook
Follow Daniel on facebook…
Daniel Snyder shares on facebook, follow him there for the latest.
Previously known as ‘mindful hope’ or ‘Daniel’s hope’, since Daniel’s role in the community has changed he’s been working with facebook to have his fb page rebranded to “Daniel Snyder”.
Our comment policy:
Be aware that mindful hope we will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individuals or organizations, rude in tone, or abusive. We will not discriminate against any views or opinions. We will remove comments at our discretion if they are…
- not related to the topic at hand
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- personal attacks and/or defamatory statements
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
Thanks for understanding! – admin 01/2020